Reiki (pronounced RAY-key) means universal life energy in Japanese. The art of Reiki is a system of gentle vibrational healing that was established by Dr. Usui from Japan in the late 19th century.
Reiki practice is a subtle energy therapy that is most commonly facilitated by light touch, and is believed to balance the biofield and strengthen the body's ability to heal itself.
Reiki treats the whole person and is practiced while you are lying on a table wearing loose, comfortable clothing. You may perceive a pulsing or tingling sensation, a feeling of warmth and comfort, or a sense of release.
Reiki can be used to reduce physical and emotional pain, to calm the mind and experience deep relaxation, to assist in times of transition, grief and life style changes.
Reiki can help:
- alleviate anxiety & depression
- reduce stress
- relief allergies
- promote restful sleep
- break habits and addictions
- reduce the need for pain medication in acute and chronic conditions
- ease side effects of chemotherapy and similar medical interventions
- recover from surgery and illness
- speed up physical healing and recovery from trauma
- unlock emotional blockages
- improve immune and nervous system functioning
In my practice I use Reiki by itself or combine it with Hypnotherapy, based on your personal choices and needs. The combined approach is especially helpful for physical manifestations of emotional issues or for supporting deep inner healing.